The Night Garderner

By:Muhammad

The Night Gardener is a book of two kids named Molly and Kip are orphans and want to live somewhere, not just on the streets. They start working as servants at a mansion, which belongs to the Windsor family. While working at their house, Molly and Kip think something bothers this family. And there was. Something that would threaten all their lives.

An excerpt from the book is: “Molls! Get up!” She felt Kip at her arm, trying to pull her up. She pushed him away. “Kip, run!” Molly rose to her feet, planting herself between her brother and the man. “I won’t let you hurt him,” she said, her voice trembling. “He ain’t done nothing’!” The man’s mouth made the shape of a smile. He let go of his watering can, which fell to the floor with a heavy slosh. He reached a bony hand into his cloak and removed a fistful of leaves. Molly watched him crush the leaves into fine dust and then raise his open hand to his lips. He blew onto the dust, and it swirled through the air, all around her– And then the world went dark.¨ This is a scene where Molly and Kip decide to find out what the Night Gardener was up to while their masters were asleep. They draw unwanted attention, and then Molly is put to sleep by him.

This book changed me because when I had really bad days, I thought my life was horrible. But looking at Molly and Kip, they were brave and kind. They worked hard, even with difficult obstacles in their way, and had to survive themselves. Life was really hard for them compared to our life in the present day. Sometimes I wish I had Molly’s qualities. I want to be brave, and know how to get through rough obstacles easily. This may be a horror story, but there is some light to it as well when you think deeply. This is how the extraordinary book The Night Gardener, changed my perspective on life.

muddasirmuhammad